2008년 4월 30일 수요일

Q8: Can you recommand some presents for the children ?


Children's day and parents' day is coming. I feel some burden whenever May comes. Because it's difficult to choose the proper presents. My parents like cash not presents. So I don't worry about my parent's ones to choose. But I need some idea for children's ones. Last year, I gave some coupons to my children. For example, I wrote as like "you can ask out on holidays" or "you can go to the amusement park with your family." Do you have any ideas? or what kinds of presents did you give to your children last Children's day?

댓글 3개:

Sammy :

Hi, Judy
I enjoyed your acting, and thank you for your good comment.

I know you're real good model of mother in Korea.

In my case, I suggest my children to think it over what they really want to have.
I can relieve me of the burden.
Am I lazy?
See you^^

Nature- Jayeon Kim :

Hi~~! Judy!
Above all I envy your young children looking forward to Children's day. That's why my only son already became an adult. Looking back on his childhood, I don't think that he is remembering any present I gave him. As a boy usually did,my son had no interst in presents. He was interest in outgoing activities. Now after he grew up, he seemes to remember what kind of thing I could afford. Among the presents I gave him, there is one thing I can remember now. When he was five, he really wanted to have what is called a game player. So when I heard the word "game player", I thouht it would be like an expensive game player. When I saw him choose his presents that I had promised to buy at the toy shop, I struck dumb. He picked up a small toy which could be handled with hands. ^^*~ Thanks to it, I could save my money and realize that his wish was different from mine.
Now I think good mothers should read her children's heart and understand and listen carefully to their interests. I'd like to recommend you to share much time with your children and be willing to be their friends.

Nicole :

Hi Judy,
Your coupon idea is great. I think that doing things with kids is a great idea. I know that my sister makes cookies with her kids or goes somewhere that they like. I don't have kids but I do see that giving them 'things' can be a problem later in life when they start to think that material objects represent love.